Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A lot going on


I used to love those pictures where you had to pick out something that was wrong or missing.  Or, sometimes there would be a busy drawing, and they gave you a list of items to find - usually hidden faces and such.

We're back in what I'd call an "extreme garden" on Lake Martin in Alabama.  The energetic gardener (that is an understatement) is constantly adding cultivated areas and editing and improving on already established spaces by adding more rocks and plants and water features.  

As many times as I've looked at this photograph, I keep finding things I'd never noticed before.  It's hard to tell which plants are included in the scene, since most everything is green.  Still, the combination of different types of leaves with stone and water creates a pretty picture in this very large garden.  

So here goes a little quiz.  Find the following:  (1) oakleaf hydrangea  (2) iris  (3) a face  (4) Japanese maple (5) calla lilies.  You may have to click on the photograph, then click again on the larger picture to get to full screen to see some of the details.

If you want to see more of this garden, look up the photographs posted on July 14 and July 15.  More lovely scenes to come.

1 comment:

  1. Martha, your photos are sensational. I believe I visited that same garden this spring. It was WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete